Origins is a daily supplement expressly designed to improve the health and performance of active adults. Here are some of the natural extracts that are inside the patented formula:
Resveratrol - Stimulates Nitric Oxide
- Bauer JA, and David A. Sinclair. Therapeutic potential of resveratrol: the in vivo evidence. Nature Reviews Drug Discovery 5: 493-506, 2006.
- Chen CK, and Cecil R. Pace-Asciak. Vasorelaxing activity of resveratrol and quercetin in isolated rat aorta. General Pharmacology: The Vascular System 27: 363-366, 1996.
Quercetin - Creates new mitochondria and increases ATP
- Ahn J, Hyunjung Lee, Suna Kim, Jaeho Park, and Taeyoul Ha. The anti-obesity effect of quercetin is mediated by the AMPK and MAPK signaling pathways. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 373: 545-549, 2008.
- Boots AW, Guido R.M.M. Haenen, and Aalt Bast. Health effects of quercetin: from antioxidant to nutraceutical. European Journal of Pharmacology 585: 325-337, 2008.
- Edwards RL, Tiffany Lyon, Sheldon E. Litwin, Alexander Rabovsky, J. David Symons, and Thunder Jalili. Quercetin reduces blood pressure in hypertensive subjects. Journal of Nutrition 137: 2405-2411, 2007.
Pterostilbene - Cardioprotectant and Antioxidant
- Bae SC, Won Jin Jung, Eun Ju Lee, Rina Yu, and Mi Kyung Sung. Effects of antioxidant supplements intervention on the level of plasma inflammatory molecules and disease severity of rheumatoid arthritis patients. Journal of the American College of Nutrition 28: 56-62, 2009.
- Corder R, William Mullen, Noorafaz Q. Khan, Serena C. Marks, Elizabeth G. Wood, Martin J. Carrier, and Alan Crozier. Oenology: red wine procyanidins and vascular health. Nature 444: 566, 2006.
Acetyl-L Carnitine - Shifts muscle fuel use from carbohydrate to fat
- Brass EP. Supplemental carnitine and exercise. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 72: 618S-623S, 2000.
- Costell M, Jose-Enrique O'Connor, and Santioago Grisolia. Age-dependentdecrease of carnitine content in muscle of mice and humans. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 161: 1135-1143, 1989.
PQQ - Increases energy metabolism in working muscle
- Akagawa M, Masahiko Nakano, and Kazuto Ikemoto. Recent progress in studies on the health benefits of pyrroloquinoline quinone. Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry 80: 13-22, 2015.
- Bauerly K, Calliandra Harris, Winyoo Chowanadisai, James Graham, Peter J.Havel, Eskouhie Tchaparian, Mike Satre, Joel S. Karliner, and Robert B. Rucker. Altering pyrroloquinoline quinone nutritional status modulates mitochondrial, lipid, and energy metabolism in rats. PLoS ONE 6: e21779, 2011.
Ubiquinol CoQ10 - Reduces exercise-induced muscle cell injury
- Aberg F, Eeva- Liisa Appelkvist, Gustav Dallner, and Lars Ernster. Distribution and redox state of ubiquinones in rat and human tissues. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 295: 230-234, 1992.
- Bloomer RJ, Robert E. Canale, Cameron G. McCarthy, and Tyler M. Farney. Impact of oral ubiquinol on blood oxidative stress and exercise performance. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity 2012: 1-10, 2012.
Selenium - Essential mineral in energy metabolism depleted in many areas
- Arner ESJA. Focus on mammalian thioredoxin reductases — Important selenoproteins with versatile functions. Biochimica Biophysica Acta 1790, 2009.
- Rayman MP. Selenium and human health. Lancet 379: 1256-1268, 2012.
Vitamin C - Essential component of the glutathioine-ascorbate cycle (electron transport chain)
- Carr AC, and Balz Frei. Toward a new recommended dietary allowance for vitamin C based on antioxidant and health effects in humans. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 69: 1086-1107, 1999.
- Du J, Joseph J. Cullen, and Garry R. Buettner. Ascorbic acid: chemistry, biology and the treatment of cancer. Biochemica et Biophysica Acta 1826: 443-457, 2012.
Pomegranate Extract - Supports DNA integrity and antioxidant activity
- Aiyer HS, Manicka V. Vadhanam, Radka Stoyanova, Gerard D. Caprio, Margie L.Clapper, and Ramesh C. Gupta. Dietary berries and ellagic acid prevent oxidative DNA damage and modulate expression of DNA repair genes. International Journal of MolecularSciences 9: 327-341, 2008.
- Viladomiu M, Raquel Hontecillas, Pinyi Lu, and Josep Bassaganya-Riera. Preventive and prophylactic mechanisms of action of pomegranate bioactive constituents. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2013: 1-18, 2013.
NAC - Amino Acid: Increases glutathione synthesis
- Dhouib IE, Manel Jalloulia, Alya Annabia, Najoua Gharbia, Saloua Elfazaaa, and Mohamed Montassar Lasrama. A minireview on N-acetylcysteine: An old drug with new approaches. Life Science 151: 359-363, 2016.
- Michael J. McKenna IM, Craig A. Goodman, Malcolm J. Brown, Andrew R. Bjorksten, Kate T. Murphy, Aaron C. Petersen, Simon Sostaric, and Xiaofei Gong. Nacetylcysteine attenuates the decline in muscle Na+,K+-pump activity and delays fatigue during prolonged exercise in humans. Journal of Physiology 576: 279-288, 2006.